Thursday, June 30, 2005

Zippity-Do-Dah



I woke up this morning way before my alarm went off in spite of the fact that the thunder and lightning kept me awake a bit last night. I just felt great! Nothing bothered me today even though it was June 30th, and I had a lot to do. It was a wonderful day! Like the song says... Zippity-do-dah, Zippity-ay! My oh my what a wonderful day! Plenty of sunshine, plenty of rain! Zippity-do-dah, Zippity-ay! Brer Rabbit has nothing on this mouse today!

Isn't it odd how sometimes we wake up that way, and other times we can barely move in the morning. I have never been able to figure out what I do or eat the night before that creates one mood or the other. But I am grateful for the great days!

Today was Fr. Aiden's last "official" day as Pastor, and our new Pastor, Fr. Patrick Irwin spent a lot of the day getting acclimated to the parish. He is quite funny and I think we will get along very well. He seems to have a keen eye for assessing things quickly, and the wheels in his head are already spinning away. I expect he will make some changes sooner than we thought, but they will be good ones. Besides, Fr. Aiden will be helping out part time so we will still get to have him around! I say, the more Irishmen around the better!

Life is good today. I accomplished a lot. I am looking forward to celebrating Aunt Betty Ann's 75th birthday with all of my kids and a lot of the family around. It will be a blast! I hope that tomorrow is another day like today... I will try to make it that way!



I am sure that some of you will be gone for the holiday, so let me wish all of you a Happy Fourth of July! Have a great weekend and a great holiday, but be careful with those fireworks! Cheers!

24 comments:

L said...

Happy early 4th! I will be sleeping in then finishing the last of my apartment cleaning this weekend...

Jamie Dawn said...

Eventhough I'm feeling a bit under the weather today, your post perked me up. Thanks.
I love all the cute pics you use on your blog.

frustratedwriter said...

Have a wonderful day and the quote from "Song of the South" perked me up considerably! Hope you have a marvelous 4th! Have fun at the birthday party too. Hoping your new pastor brings as much joy and happiness to the parish as the retiring one did.

blue2go said...

Such a cheery post today! I've always liked that song. Love your picture, too, so cute!

Adrienne said...

Happy early Independence Day to you too!

Great perky post. I think one of my eyes is almost all the way open now. :)

SilverMoon said...

Happy BD to your Aunt Betty. Wonderful milestone to share w/ family! :)
Happy early 4th to you, too.
SilverMoon (GEL)

JUST A MOM said...

I will be back to read your posts later, I just thought I would let you know my daughter (13) will love seeing your mouses she loves them.(I came from Cliff's.)

Carol (Smiles and Laughter) said...

I just love your pictures you post here. :)

Happy 4th of July to you, too!

And if you figure out the formula for the morning perkies, please share. :)

Beach Raceway said...

site at: **SLOT CAR**

Johnny said...

Hello, just visited your blog, it's informative. I have a website about **Plasma and LCD TV review**, please visit and hope that it's useful for you to choose your flat-panel TV.

Linux Unix said...

Cute blog! Please visit my dog jewelry blog.

brian said...

Lots of good circuit city electronics store information here. Also check out circuit city electronics store if you get a chance. I was able to lear a lot.

Michael Sheridan said...

Hello Rhodent
And G'day from Downunder. I was hunting around the web for stuff on how to cook lobster tail when I came across this post. It's just amazing what these searches turn up. Maybe searching for how to cook lobster tail will bring me to more pages with similar content. I'm not sure I'm finding what I need, but I'm having a lot of fun. Have a great day!

The Home Theater Wizard said...

I just read your blog Rhodent, – very nice. I made myself a blog, I have a online shopping c5000 digital olympus cameras site. It pretty much covers online shopping c5000 digital olympus cameras related stuff. Check it out if you have the time.

Michael Sheridan said...

G'day Rhodent
I seem to have found this post while searching for things on how to cook. I can see why, although I'm not sure it's exactly what I'm looking for. Just thought I'd say hello :0)

Michael Sheridan said...

I wish I could understand how doing a search for how to cook chicken got me to this post. Not that I mind, you understand Rhodent. It's just that I don't think it's exactly what I was looking for :0)

MP3 Doctor said...

Hey there Rhodent, you've got a great blog here! I'm thinking of bookmarking your site!

I have a online shopping c5000 digital olympus cameras site. It pretty much covers online shopping c5000 digital olympus cameras related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Plasma TElevision Center said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Plasma Television site/blog. It pretty much covers Plasma Television related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Plasma Tv Center said...

Hi, Thanks for your interesting blog. Keep up the great work! I also have a site & blog about plasma television, please feel free to visit.

Den said...

Hey Rhodent, great blog! Keep it up.

I have a http://www.themalloftheworld.com/deneskollar gift shopping bymail order catalog site. It pretty much covers gift shopping bymail order catalog related stuff.

Come and have a look if you get time :-)

TadaDiscounts said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Cordless Phones It pretty much covers Cordless Phones related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

bestcatbox said...

HelloRhodent, Ive been surfing the web for the newest info on cat litter box training and came accross your site. this post is'nt exactly what i was surfing for, but i see why i found it. Anyway, interesting read. I will continue to look for cat litter box training etc... I will be back to your site sometime...

Plasma TV Center said...

Hi Thanks for your interesting blog. I also have a blog/site, covering plasma television entertainment center
related stuff. Feel free to visit my plasma television entertainment center
site.

Accounting Center said...

Hi, Thanks for your interesting blog. Keep up the great work! I also have a site & blog about accounting dictionary
, please feel free to visit.