Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Is It Morning Already?



I am normally a night owl, but last night I was in bed before 9:00 PM. I had spent the bulk of my workday working on the budget at work and was totally brain dead by the time I came home. It was also storming outside. I fell asleep on the couch sometime around 7:00 PM and then woke up around 8:30 PM. I turned on the computer, checked out a few blog sites, and went to bed. For some reason, I did not sleep soundly... probably because my body is not used to that kind of a sleep schedule, the thunder was constant, and I was coughing. I tossed and turned, listened to the thunder, coughed, woke up to check the time on the clock, tossed and turned, coughed, listened to the thunder, woke up to check the time on the clock, etc., etc., etc. Sometime early this morning I slept soundly for about 2 hours. Needless to say, I am exhausted this morning.

The bug man is supposed to come this morning so I have to stay up for him, but I think I will go back to bed and rest a bit before I consider going into work. I called the Parish Manager and told her I was exhausted and would check back in later to let her know if I would be in later today. I doubt that I would be able to tackle the budget again today the way my brain feels. It will take a sharp mind to finish up what is left to do with the budget, and Irish Pastor has to approve wage increases before I can finish with the salary portions of the budget. The budget needs to be reviewed by Irish Pastor and then presented to the Finance Committee which meets May 12th. Saturday will probably find me making up the hours I miss today. Oh well.

I have probably whined enough for today, so I will end this post with a promise to post something tonight. I will even attempt to be entertaining.

2 comments:

Gel said...

adorable pic
It's lousy to sleep poorly. It's one thing I wish I was not "good" at.

dbdoberman said...

I had that problem last night, but kept myself in bed knowing that if I got online, there would be no sleep for me at all.

I hope you are more rested now. Wait, it's time to be in bed again. ok, sweetie dreams!