Monday, September 18, 2006

More Boring Tooth Woes


I went to the oral surgeon on Friday morning. She looked in my mouth for 10 seconds, and then told me to continue rinsing my mouth with warm salt water, to finish my antibiotics, and return in two weeks. For that I had the pleasure of paying $65.00. The main reason that the endodontist sent me to her was to look at the jaw bone where he had cleaned out the infection. She didn't want to disturb the thin layer of skin covering the exposed bone.

The last time I had this problem it was in my back molar on the opposite side. I had pieces of dead bone sluffing off from when I had my wisdom teeth removed in 1971... over 30 years ago. The endodontist told me to make sure to tell her about that experience which happened within the past year. I did. She wasn't listening. For some reason she thought that the hole in my gums was from something I did to puncture my gum. I think I must have repeated the pertinent information 3 times. Evidently she had something more inportant to do and was out of the room in record time.



So I have been popping pain pills, trying to work, and trying to deal with what is going on with my mother at the current time. I am not sure that I want to go back to this same doctor for my next appointment. If I am going to waste another $65.00, I can think of much better things to do with that money!

This, by the way, is my excuse for being a negligent blogger... and I didn't even have to make it up!

If you want a good chuckle, stop by Cliff Morrow's Blog and read his post from Sunday, September 17th. He is a funny man!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww. Hope your tooth woes are over soon..

Frustrated Writer said...

wow, you are having a tough time. hope you are better soon!