Saturday, September 02, 2006

D-Day Rhodent Style



I have been a deliquent blogger, but I did tell you I would be taking a break. I'm back. I have news...


My divorce became final on August 30th!!!

Oh yay! Oh Yay!
But...



Something just doesn't seem quite right... WE are still living together in the same house! How did this happen? I am still looking for a place to buy. Himself just started to look for a place to rent. WE are still trying to get the house ready to put up for sale. Somehow things seem to be backwards. Oh well, at least ONE important thing got completed!

I will post again soon... probably on Monday since tomorrow I am picking my mom up at the airport and taking her home to Dunnellon. It will be a long day.

In the meantime...



I am looking for a recipe for scones.
If anyone out there has a good recipe please share!

Have a wonderful Labor Day Holiday if Monday is your holiday to celebrate!


10 comments:

Frustrated Writer said...

scones? to go with your tea?

Rhodent said...

Scones and tea are perfect together! Add some cucumber sandwiches, a hat and a flowery dress and you are set for High Tea! But perhaps YOU would prefer to wear a jacket and just comb your hair... and maybe some chicken salad along with the cucumber sandwhiches.

Jim said...

Mrs. Jim makes scones sometimes. They are the kind I like. I can scan it (tomorrow) and put it on my other blog for a few days.
I'll leave a comment here when I get it done.
..

Rhodent said...

Thanks Jim AND Mrs. Jim!

Hunter said...

Somehow "congratulations" doesn't seem quite right, but I know it's a good feeling to have the paperwork completed.

Good luck getting the house ready to sell.

And I hope you have a glorious new beginning.

Darilyn

Rachel said...

Progress is being made then! Best of luck at selling the house and moving on!

Cliff said...

Well I know that is a difficult point to get to when attorney's are involved. I'm glad you're a step closer to forever.

LK said...

Devonshire scones are the best. And that is good news about the divorce, one step closer.

Rainypete said...

This one works for me

2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sugar
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons shortening
3/4 cup cream
1 egg
Handful dried currants or dried cranberries

Heat oven to 375 degrees.

In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix well. Cut in butter and shortening. In a separate bowl, combine cream with beaten egg then add to dry ingredients. Stir in fruit. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Roll dough out and cut into biscuit size rounds. Bake for 15 minutes or until brown.

L said...

congrats, dahling :)