Monday, March 13, 2006

We All Need Good Friends



"“I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn'’t trust me so much." -Mother Theresa

Well, I know that God would not give me anything that I can't handle, but he also gave friends to help me handle it. Today, I am grateful for good friends... friends that have an ear to listen, a hug when I need it, and a shoulder to cry on when I need one. Friends also help me to laugh, and I do believe that old saying that laughter is the best medicine. Medical science has also found that having friends reduces stress and that laughter in your life improves your immune system.

So make sure you spend some time this week with your friends and with laughter, or both! Thank God for them both! And while you're at it, don't forget to be thankful for those furry creatures that also brighten your life. (It's okay if they are not rodents)

Have a great day and a great week.

6 comments:

Cliff said...

Sage advice rhodent. It would seem that you had an excellent visit with good friends. It doesn't get any better than that.

Rachel said...

Ah yes, laughter is GREAT medicine. It certainly is for me. I just don't get enough.

Here this month is almost gone. Time sure flies.

I hope you have a great week too and that we both get some good laughs!

Hunter said...

Hugs and giggles to you. Thank for the excellent reminders.

Darilyn

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Laughter certainly is the best medicine and Rhodent, you provide all of us with laughter, on a daily basis...so you can probably say, that YOU are the best medicine for your blogger friends. And your comments over at my place keep me stress free too.

Ralph said...

Great post with good advice.
Ralph

Chipper said...

Great post and I really enjoyed perusing your blog!