Monday, March 27, 2006

Rhodent Rediscovered



I think that I may have found me again... really!

During the time period from my senior year in high school through my college years, I used to love to write... poetry, prose... whatever. Later, during my late twenties through the first couple of years of my thirties, I began writing again. Both of those periods of my life were times of major changes for me.

Once again I am going through some major changes, and once again I find myself being drawn to writing. It really started with blogging a little over a year ago. Now I find myself going back to some of the things that I wrote years ago. It is like finding myself again. It is also a good release, and it is fun.

So, when I find myself in a negative frame of mind like I indicated in my last post, the writing seems to facilitate my emergence from that negative place. It is especially helpful when dealing with situations that I have little control over... I guess that the writing helps me to focus on what I can control and set aside what I cannot control.

A good rant, is a great way to deal with frustrations. A sappy poem, a fun limerick, or a funny rodent picture... all seem to boost my spirits. Sharing something funny that has happened in my life gives me a chance to laugh again. It doesn't even have to be good writing. It is the process as much as anything, and the sense of accomplishment. I often laugh out loud when I find just the right word for a limerick or rodent picture for a post.

So blogging has not only helped me find a wonderful group of people who share their humor and their lives through their posts, but it has also helped me find me again. That's probably a good thing... right? ;o)

7 comments:

Hunter said...

If I don't write, I don't feel well. And sometimes when I'm not feeling well, I can write my way out of it.

I find writing is like breathing.

I'm happy for you if you helps you, too. It's fun to have company.

Oh, Abandoned in Pasadena killed Bambi on my writing blog. You should check it out and tease her about it. LOL.

Darilyn
http://tropicalscreamerwrites.blogspot.com/

Rainypete said...

I think writing is like exercising. The more you do it, the easier it can get. I'm glad you found yourself though.

Rachel said...

So happy that things are looking brighter. I have read some of your poems and you definitely have a talent! I love the pictures too and they give me a chuckle as well.

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I started my blog during a difficult time in my life and writing has helped, although I am not a writer per se.

It was probably more the encourageing comments that helped me the most and now I have developed a blog friendship with many bloggers.

I really like to come here to see your funny Rhodent pictures and to read what you have written and I'm glad that writing has helped you too. You make me laugh and that is something we all need.

And don't believe Darilyn...I didn't kill Bambi...it was just a stunt-double fawn. LOL

Cliff said...

Next time you can't find yourself, just let me know. Marilyn and I will come lookin. I'm not sure where to start but I do know you live in Florida, and how big could that place be. I'll keep reading to make sure you are still there and not missing.

Cher said...

yeah, writing-I can so relate to what you posted. thanks to Darilyn, I am getting "back" to my writing side again. I find so much joy in writing and playing with words...thanks for reminding me of the release available through writing it out.

Anonymous said...

It's definitely the process that is the most important. I had drafted that in a reply to someone I know who asked for a critique. Keep up your writings. I'm sure the endorphins that are released from the act of writing plus the interaction from bloggers reading and commenting, is THE reason why blogs are so popular.