Saturday, January 20, 2007

The Grass Is Always Greener Over The Septic Tank


I have been reading some other bloggers' post about the nasty weather being experienced in some parts of the country. In particular I note poor Ralph of Homespun Headlines who had to purchase a new snow shovel due to the fact that he had worn out his old one. I have never had to use a snow shovel.

On the other hand, if you live in Florida you experience supersonic grown rate of all types of grass and weeds during the summer months and rainy season. There was a time when it was my responsibility to mow our grass. This came about because Himself was too busy to get to it often enough, and by the time I would try to do it, the grass over the septic tank was so thick and high that I couldn't get the lawnmower through it.

Given the choice, I guess I would chose the grass over the snow. You can always hire a lawn service to keep up with it. Snow is not as predictable. When it comes you either shovel it, blow it, or you are stuck.

Just to rub it in a bit, I will tell you that I am still sporting my flip-flops. Yes, it is still flip-flop weather around here, but pleasantly so. The temperature has been in the upper 70s which is wonderful. I am waiting for another cool spell so I can pretend that it is winter... maybe even get a small fire going in the fireplace. I did get one in with a chilly spell we had a few weeks ago. Then it got hot again.

So shovel your snow, and I will continue to wish for some cooler weather. Maybe one of these days I will get to visit up north where I can play in the snow a bit again. I just don't want to have to deal with it on a daily basis. I can drive in heavy rainstorms, but I doubt that I would do that well in snow. The grass is always greener and the snow is always whiter.

6 comments:

Ralph said...

Rhodent
I have shoveled the driveway four times already today and it needs it again. I'll be more than happy to trade in you a winter coat, gloves, and stocking cap for your flip-flops.

Cliff said...

Hey Ralph, I think Rhodent was one of those little girls who used to get a new toy and then show it to her friends and say 'Nanny-nanny-boo boo.
Kind of a mean streak showing up here Rhodent.
I am soooo pleased you have nice weather. I'd like to know more about how nice it is in Florida but I must stop now and go push snow with my tractor.

Anonymous said...

My husband loves his flip flops! He always wore them even in the winter. He just added socks.

It's been chilly here but no snow.

Poor Ralph. I think there is a law against having to shovel your driveway 4 times in one day. (Either that or he just loves to shovel it??)

Jim said...

We could trade our weather for a while, I'm getting tired of being 'cool.'
We are 16 degrees below normal with 50s in the daytime and 40s at night. It's been about a week since we saw 70s.
..

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I wouldn't mind the snow, the cold winds, bitter cold mornings with drizzle and sleet I can do without. It ain't even purty...

Enjoy the weather...

septic tank cumming said...

I found your website perfect for my needs. It contains wonderful and helpful posts. I have read most of them and learned a lot from them. You are doing some great work. Thank you for making such a nice website.